 Technic / 495
Re: 8520 wheel type?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:36:31 GMT

"G. Benedikt Rochow" <rochogb@eng.auburn.removethis.edu> wrote in message
news:Fn24vH.D8E@lugnet.com...

I noticed that 8520 has (8440)-race-car-style
tires as feet. The wheels are blurred in all box
and catalog pictures, such that one can
(intentionally?) not see whether the wheels
are the old-shape metallized wheels as in the
yellow 1999 racer,

The 8445 Indy Storm, that is. :)

or the new design as on
the 2000 'silver' racer, with sharper spokes.

You might want to look at the 8458 Silver Champion
a bit closer..

Those wheels are *Super Car* size.  This set may well
be the longest Technic Car ever produced...

Which type is it?

The wheels are the type found on the 8445, but,
as near as I can tell, in black rather than metallic
or another color.  Some here already have this set
(it's available in both Europe and the US now), and
shuold be able to better confirm this.

(I'm wondering whether 2 of these would be
at all a better deal than either of the
2 racer sets, just in order to get 4 tires
and not be stuck with altogether useless parts.)

If you just want the wheels, the 8520 Millenium Throwbot
is probably the cheapest way to get them.  All other
sets that they've come in are larger and more expensive
ones.