 Technic / 4915
Re: What are my chances of getting a 8466 in Orlando?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 20:04:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jeff Small writes:
I'm going down to Orlando June 12 to the 19th, and I heard SOMEPLACE that
the 8466 is coming out near the tail end of June but possibly
sooner...anyone know what my chances are of catching the new model >there?

I thought the set was due more along the lines of August in which case you
would have little chance of finding it. But if the due date is actually June
end that maybe...

Do they generally get stuff early? or the day it's released?

I don't think they get things early, certainly not before S@H. Witness the
fact that S@H has the new bi-plane sculptire and the Dinosaurs. When I was
at LIC in Orlando last week they hadn't even heard of the Dinosaurs.

If Lego says it comes out at S@H near the end of June does that mean the
lego store in Orlando would get it too?

Again, not necessarily. I would depend more on S@H

Wondering if it's worth it to save a little money to take with me to get a
couple BIG sets...

The only big sets there that are hard to find are the  Silver Champion and
Power Puller, and the three sculptures. But those are easy to get from S@H.
The argument is whether its easier to cart the stuff home with you or pay
for shipping. The prices are strictly MSRP.

Also, do they have stuff like those polarity switches? Do they have older
technic accessory packs or anything like that that you can't get anyplace
else? Pneumatic accessories?

No, No, No, and No. See my previous post where I vent a little about the
lack of selection:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=30113

Good hunting though,

Jonathan