 Technic / 446
Re: 2000 Best Sellers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:28:15 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:
I think the new Technic SW droids are *great*.  I'm talking about sets 8000 • Pit
Droid, 8001 Battle Droid (most builder-collectors will buy three of these, one
for each rank, right?), and 8002 Destroyer Droid.

I predict these sets will be the hit of the late-holiday season, and major
sellers well into 2000, at least until the Millennium Falcon and Ultimate
Collector Series sets are available.

The style of the droids fits so well with the look of Technic, especially the
new look of Technic (smooth beams instead of studded beams).  The models are a
fresh idea for LEGO and Technic, I don't think LEGO has ever sold large • figures
before.

The action movements look cool (I haven't built my droids yet, I'm guessing).
It doesn't look like there is advanced gearing, but these models give Technic
functionality with a playable angle.

I'm very excited about these sets, I think they will prove to be the design
high-point of 2000.

Go ahead, LEGO: prove me wrong.  That'd be truly wonderful.

Teve ('Teve'?  I haven't been 'Teve' since I was three!)

I completely agree. I sometimes don't like the skeletal look of technic stuff-
a space shuttle with framework wings for example, but the droids look good
that way.

Chris