 Star Wars / 5019
Re: 2000 Best Sellers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:39:26 GMT

I think the new Technic SW droids are *great*.  I'm talking about sets • 8000 Pit
Droid, 8001 Battle Droid (most builder-collectors will buy three of these, • one
for each rank, right?), and 8002 Destroyer Droid.
I read your comment, went to a shop, was glad that the 8001 is out in
AUstria(the other 2 will come in february), bought it and was happy......
....besides of the fact, that they use this strange part for the thigh. You
should try building a second robot with using the parts you have: This is
really funny. Looks like I designed a droid for Episode 73........

The style of the droids fits so well with the look of Technic, especially • the
new look of Technic (smooth beams instead of studded beams).  The models • are a
fresh idea for LEGO and Technic, I don't think LEGO has ever sold large • figures
before.
Now we should wait for the Technic - megaset: A lander with a dozen of
droids......

I'm very excited about these sets, I think they will prove to be the • design
high-point of 2000.
IMHO it will be hard to get something that similar to original design.....

Stefan