 Technic / 4405
    Re: 2001 Model —Ray Kremer
   (...) They're not really pneumetics. They're slow release springs, kind of like on a screen door. You can use one to do the pop-up roop of the convertible version or use both to do the gull wing doors version. (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2001 Model —Simon Bennett
   (...) I checked this set out and thought it offered no new functionality, now it has to go on the list, damn. Can you confirm that these 'slow release springs' are new parts and the function of 'door closer' is new? I'll take a look at an 8448 this (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 2001 Model —Ray Kremer
   (...) I think those parts were new with the 1999 sets, but that year was when I came back to Technic (Throwbots of all things sucked me back in to Lego) so I can't confirm it. 8445 and 8446 both had one of those springs too, the former uses it to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)