 Technic / 4110
Re: Why is DarksideDK $90 and DroidDk is $30?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:54:01 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@home.com> wrote in message
The DroidDK is older and started at the same price point as the • DarksideDK.
Since then it has slowly dropped in price. Perhaps the same will happen to • the
DarksideDK, we can only hope ;-)

Yeah, that was the harshest lesson I learned about LEGO pricing. I won't
make THAT mistake again. I bought one of them for $90 originally, and then
when it went on sale for $25 around Christmas I felt so guilty that I bought
four of them just to rationalize it...heh heh

What I don't understand is HOW you could sell a lesser quantity set and
charge three times the price? I'd think the moment you dropped the price for
one you'd have to do it to the other...I only picture them as black and
white versions of the same basic set...that's what I thought the whole thing
originally was supposed to be like. You get one 'good' set and one 'bad'
set...

it just doesn't make sense about the pricing now that the price has dropped
is all...but you're right, as soon as that puppy drops, I'll get it too,
only because it appears to me to have plenty more longer parts...beams, etc
due to the whole AT-AT/walker/leg thing....

Is the Scout somehow different?

It is a different color.

Yeah, I knew that, I mean, does it have different programs on it? or is it
JUST a different color? that would be kinda lame if it was *just* a
different color...