 Technic / 4007
Re: Shock difference?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 07:59:34 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
In lugnet.technic, Gary E. Blessing writes:
Hi,
Is there a difference in how firm the different color shocks are?
Specificaly the light and dark grey ones.

I need to stiffen the suspention in my 8448.

Thanks for any help!
Gary

I haven't really noticed any difference in them aside from the color. Your
best bet would probably be to try to use the stiffer yellow shock. These
come with the 8458 Silver Champion and I've also heard that they can be
obtained from Pitsco's site.

Hmmm... I got the 8428 and there are both types, light and dark grey, included.
The light ones are used for the rear suspension and the single dark grey one
is used for the lift mechanism of the rear axle.

And the dark one IS firmer than the light ones. Also, the wire of the spring
seems to be thicker and the spring has less windings.

-Norman