 Technic / 3987
  Pneumatics?

I've never played with Lego pneumatics, but I've been wanting to try it. What's the best way to get started (in terms of cost)? What set has the most and best set of pneumatic equipment? Or is it better to try to buy the parts individually? --Bill. (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics?

(...) Bill, One fairly common recent set that had I good bunch of pneumatics is the 8462 Tow Truck. A lot of places were selling these fairly cheap recently. Regards ROSCO (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics?

(...) If you can still get iti somehow, the set '8868 Airtech Claw Rig' is a must, because it contains the small piston for a compressor (sp?), and the secondary model has a totally awesome pneumatic feedback circuitry, which can give you some (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics?

(...) Hey Bill The only set you can buy from lego with pneumatic parts is set #5218. It costs $27.99 which is not to bad. What is to bad is that lego has not made a pneumatic model in some time. You could also check out lego Dactca but the have a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics?

(...) In terms of cost, check eBay, and if you can handle the language, particularly eBay Germany (www.ebay.de) Some of the best sets include 8868, 8862, 8462, 8851, 8854. Search for just the setnumber, that usually gives the best results. (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics?

I would echo the sentiments of others who have replied. Save for the pneumatics pack from Lego Shop at Home, the Tow Truck is the best way to get started. Not only does it give you some great parts, it actually teaches you some very interesting uses (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatics?

Oops. Brickbay, not brickwise. What was I thinking??? (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic)