 Technic / 3850
3849  |  3851
Subject:
LONG wires for your motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 19:31:15 GMT

I don't know if anyone else has come up with this, but here's a way to get
really long wires cheap.
I'm building a control box for 6 motors with regular switches, since the
LEGO ones are too expensive IMHO. And since the control box won't be part of
any model (it'll be more of a remote control) I thought it to be a handy
solution. Anyway, pics of this will be on shortly, the point now is this:
as I was looking for wires first I thought of buying the long ones, cut of
one connector, and put a new plug on (the control box will use phono plugs).
Then I remembered the short cables from a ZNAP set (that I only bought for
the motor). Took the connectors of and took them to my electronics shop.
Best solution was computer ribbon cable: 14-wide for about $1.50per meter
will get you 7 long cables! And no soldering needed, they just fit the same
way the normal cables do.
One concession: ribbon cables come in grey, not black.

Pics later.

Duq