 Technic / 3738
3737  |  3739
Subject:
Force, strenght, did anyone ever measure?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:52:02 GMT

Hi all,

I'm running into trouble with my mobile crane project. The boom is pretty
heavy. I want to raise it with a rack/pinion, but I wonder how much force
they can take? I reckon that for the first bit up the horizontal force will
be around 50N. Does anyone ever measure how much a well braced double
rack/pinion (8t gears) can take?

Duq