 Technic / 3727
  Striking Lego Clock

Ok, after tinkering with this for months, I finally have a complete Lego clock that strikes the hours! It is completely mechanical, and non-electric. It features: 375:1 gear ratio 8 hours running time 3 lbs clock weights and 2 lbs striking weights. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Striking Lego Clock

Wow! That looks impressive! I'd like to see the whole workings explained, particularly the striking bit.... Duq "Amnon Silverstein" <amnon@best.com> wrote in message news:G78AzI.2rs@lugnet.com... (...) non-electric. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Striking Lego Clock

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing the picture! Build On! John Matthews Amnon Silverstein <amnon@best.com> wrote in message news:G78AzI.2rs@lugnet.com... (...) non-electric. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Striking Lego Clock

(...) Yup. Somehow it reminds me of the "robot" crane vehicle and cardiogram type device in the old ideas books. I'd like to echo Duq's request for more explanation of the various sub components :-) Jennifer Clark (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Striking Lego Clock

This looks very nice. I have never given much thought to trying to make my Lego Grandfather Clock (www.ericharshbaregr...lock.html) 'chimable', but it's nice to see that it can be done. Good gear ratio. My clock does not run as consistently as I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Striking Lego Clock

I've written up a better description of my clock on my web page at: (URL) has an avi of the striker in action, but the actual version in the clock is much improved. In the avi it rings like Bingdingdingding!, and in Clock #2 it rings like (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Striking Lego Clock

(...) Jennifer Clark (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)