 Technic / 3643
  Micro-motors and fiber optics

I want to get my hands on some micro-motors and also a fiber optics system. I know the Space Shuttle comes with both these but it's quite an expensive set and I also need more than one micro-motor. I also know about the Extreme Creatures set which (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Micro-motors and fiber optics

(...) The UFO Interstellar Starfighter <set:6979> has both. You might be able to find it for $50 or so. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro-motors and fiber optics

(...) Does anyone know if any of those other weird space sets have any useful pieces? I notices some of them say they have lights and sounds, what form does this come in? Gary (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro-motors and fiber optics

8456 had the fiber optics, but is hard to find. The micro motors were available as a service pack. That way you'd get the proper brackets to mount it (top and bottom, rather than two bottom pieces like you get with the space shuttle). Check (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro-motors and fiber optics

Are they not available as a service pack anymore? I wouldn't mind getting some myself. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro-motors and fiber optics

(...) 8456 isn't hard to find.... it's for sale at the Dutch V&D shops. I'll try to pick up a bunch later this week. (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro-motors and fiber optics

(...) Yes indeed, this can be a bit of a pain at times. However, there always seems to be a way round it somehow! I ordered one of the service packs from Dacta (9959) the other day, price around 6 UKP, which seems to have the top and bottom pieces (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Micro-motors and fiber optics

(...) The Pitsco-DACTA on-line store has them. (URL) Look under [Spare Parts, Tools & Resources]>[LEGO Dacta Spare Parts]>[Motors]. They are $10.25 + $6 shipping (for orders under $100, 6% after that) in the US. I recently placed a largish order, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)