 Technic / 3640
    Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains —Mario Ferrari
   (...) backlash (...) You may find some answer in a post where I explained how Paolo Masetti won the line following robotics contest during Italian Legofest IV. One of Paolo's robot key feature was the reduced backlash in the steering gear train. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains —Amnon Silverstein
   One other solution I forgot, that I have used with some success for Mindstorms: Make your device smart, so that it keeps track of its own backlash and compensates for it. I made a device that did this. It would keep track of an estimate of how (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)