 Technic / 3631
  Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains

Aren't the new style "fat" gears much tighter? KL (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains

Try to measure the quantity you are interested in as directly as possible. If you have to count rotations do it at the output of the gear train not the input. For a given quality of gear (TLC's gears are certainly not AGMA 10s !) you have to strike (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Backlash in Lego Gear Trains

(...) Yes, I think so. In fact, I think they have significantly more friction when grinding than the "old" gears. And by the way, when using both the new and old style gears in a gear train, I find that there is almost too much friction. Do anybody (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)