 Technic / 3109
  Re: Technic Pendulum Clock progress

John, I have seen these two other clocks, and a few electric Lego clock designs. I went back to these pages, and I found out that they do have enough information to calculate efficiency. I built an approximate copy of the Zef Damen clock's weight, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Pendulum Clock progress

I finally got my clock to run for a solid 24 hours (plus only a few more minutes until the weights hit the floor.). It ran the whole period non-stop, and I didn't touch it until it finished its run. It was 15 minutes slow by the end of this period, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Pendulum Clock progress

(...) I set up a winder for a spool, I used a worm gear with a 1/5 ratio to the spool when you wind the wheight the string travels down the spool evenly. I got the idea from a hose winder. but unlike a hose winder the lego spool does not travel up (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Pendulum Clock progress

You could have 2 worm gears side by side turning in opposite directions and have a bar below that which pushes the string against one or the other in turn. I looked at this for my crane spooler, but couldn't get it to work neatly because of the high (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)