 Technic / 259
    Re: Technic air-dampers —Jonathon Goldsworthy
   As Huw says, the black piece of plastic, that prevents the spring from dropping into the clear cylinder, breaks up. This renders the damper completely useless. As soon as my original replacements arrived, I placed them in a compressed position, to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Technic air-dampers —Huw Millington
   (...) the (...) Its good to hear that they have acknowledged there's a problem. I can't see them being aluminium, though :-) Huw (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

   My new dampers arrived today, which is a very quick response. One has gone straight into compression. Unfortunately, I cannot see any difference between these and the old items. :-( Jonathon Huw Millington wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)