 Technic / 2491
Re: Silver Champion design comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:41:19 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Marco Berti writes:
In lugnet.technic, John Guerquin writes:
Hi everyone

To all other Silver Champion owners..... I've just finished my
McLaren... ...oops... Silver Champion, and have a few small complaints
about the original design. • ......
PS. is the Mika Hakkinen Special Edition version coming soon?

Hi John

you missed the biggest mistake : the silver colour.
A F1 should have been red, Ferrari Red to be more precise :) and specially • this
year :-)
With some friend we are joining our pieces coming from three 8448 to make it
the right colour, if you like when done I will send you a picture :)

Bye

PS : McLaren was forced to pay to send a truck of McLaren flag to be
distributed for free to the people attending the race in Suzuka, but the
people did not want the flags they had already bought by themself the Ferrari
flags

Hi Marco

I'm sure it would great in Ferrari-red as well.... let me know how your
project turns out... I'm sure other LUGNET members would love to see it too!
And yes, TLC's timing could have been a little bit better, especially
with last sunday's result in Japan.... but by the time LEGO develops a model
of this complexity and gets it to the market, there is likely a long delay.

The 8458 is likely to celebrate McLaren's '98 and/or '99 championships...
Do you think McLaren actually paid LEGO to do this model?  It is very hard
to miss the resemblance between the F1 McLaren and Silver Champion...

later

John