 Technic / 2335
Re: new LEGO elements (inside the Technic Powerpacks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 01:21:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Christian Gemuenden writes:
While opening the Chassis Pack, I quickly noticed some new short
grey elements...

However, I didn't find all the new pieces that were actually pictured on the
box and in the building instructions. Instead, I found other additional
pieces with different shape and colour, I really wonder how that happened.

Yep, I noticed the new pieces and the discrepancy as well. The 3 rounded
full beams in light grey and black are okay, but I'd like to see that grey
element (it's also shown in the part scans in the newest US catalog). It looks
(as you mentioned) like it is a 2x1 plate with a 2 rounded full beam sticking
up from the pegs. I'd like to get my hands on some of those...

Also, in the Styling and Pneu pack, there is a 4+4 135 degree rounded full beam
with axle ends in black. In the Motor pack, there is a 3+7 135 degree rounded
full beam with axle ends in black as well. This second one showed up in the
Silver Champion and I confused it in one step with the 4(2)+7 135 degree
rounded full beam with axle ends that was also included in the kit. The
difference between the two pieces is that the latter's second and third holes
on the short end are connected, making a "slider" peg hole. Interesting but
trivial...

Also, on the Wheel pack (WAAAAYYYY over priced, IMHO), there are two motor
cycle wheels that are half the width of the other silver non-baloon wheels
(like in Turbo Command 8428/8432). These are cool.

I will probably get one more each of the Styling and Chassis packs, as they are
relatively inexpensive (US$11.99 and US$16.99, respectively) when compared to
Wheels and Pneu (US$29.99 and US$27.99, respectively). Pneu is nice and worth
the money, but DYA (France) still has the Tow Truck 8462 for about US$54 (plus
about $15 shipping and about a month wait). You get about twice as much pneu
elements as the Pneu Pack plus a lot of the same pieces included in the other
packs as well (like 6 of the above mentioned Turbo Command wheels).

DYA is at http://www.dya-shopping.com/
(Can you cut me a deal on shipping, Emmanuel, since I mention you every week or
so? :)

- Sean