 Technic / 2216
Re: Gear specs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:56:44 GMT

Could you post pictures of the results you're getting now?  That might make
it easier to provide suggestions...

I have placed a picture on

http://www.kooiker.demon.nl/eelco/Images/gear.jpg

It is (the begining) of a 16-tooth gear. I have calculate the following specs:
* pitch circle = 16mm

As you can see it seams the teeth are to big.

Eelco, from what i can see, it seems to me that your gear tooth width is too
big. You might want to shorten the distance between the left edge of a tooth
and the right edge. You might find they mesh better, but with a
characteristic known as "slop"

My two cents... and sorry if someone already mentioned it.

--Electro--