 Technic / 168
    8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review —Ralph Hempel
   Sorry for the non-standard review format... 8226 Mud Masher This is the firest new Technicn Kit I have bought in about a year. I think TLG is doiing something with the ABS - it seems almost translucent for some of the red bits. Overall, I like this (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)

        Re: 8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review —Antony Furneaux
     I just bought this set too. It is very cool. However, I didn't buy it for it's own sake, I wanted the ball joint and the steering parts(as you mention). I liked the fact that mine came with four rubber bands and the model only uses two. I took one (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)

        Re: 8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review —Dave Baum
     (...) I was pretty impressed with 8226. Normally I don't expect much from the Tech-Play line - especially with such a small set - but I really liked the steering mechanism. Very clever. Dave (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)

         Re: 8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review —Chris Phillips
     (...) Thanks for the reviews! I had actually purchased this set to get a couple of parts that I thought I would need for MindFest but didn't. (Two red angled Technic beams, in case you were wondering -- yes, color _is_ important.) I just built the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)

        Re: 8226 Mud Masher - Mini Review —John Matthews
   The Mud Masher was one of the first Technic sets I bought following MindStorms (after my dark age). I think it is a bit expensive for what it is, but the design is very cool. This model ranks with the very most 'playable' LEGO models of all! Build (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.reviews)