 Technic / 16591
  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) The last sentence is especially misleading. In 8293 the LEDs are connected directly on the battery pack. So they continue to function regardless of the state of the pole reverser. But of course if the LEDs are connected to the pole reverser (...) (15 years ago, 22-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) This leads me to a question. PF uses 4 wires instead of 2, and it is my understanding that the pole reverser only switches two of these and the other 2 remain powered. Could the LEDs then be made to stay on with the Pole Reverser in the middle (...) (15 years ago, 23-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

"Eric Albrecht" <blakbird11.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:KFJ3nK.5vB@lugnet.com... (...) I would have thought either: A) The LEDs are using the outer two contacts which are biased one direction and have to be turned off at the battery (...) (15 years ago, 23-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) And the winner is...... C!!!! I put my meter on the outside poles and got nothing. open. I put my meter on the inside poles and found 9M ohms in one direction but 6M in the other ? This means the lights[1] use the same source as the IR (...) (15 years ago, 24-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The pole reverser - what's it do?

(...) You can see the schematics for the PF lights on Philo's page, to be more precise, here: (URL) (15 years ago, 24-Feb-09, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)