 Technic / 1643
Re: Stupid Throwbots question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:35:47 GMT

You're right. There are no instructions for some of the segments in the
combined Throwbots. One can only guess it's left as an exercise for the
student. It's not terribly difficult to figure out once you get into it, but
the only tricky part is that Turbo comes with an extra long axle which is not
used in Turbo, but is used in the combined Throwbot.

As for the random placement of the disks, I suspect it's a miscommunication
within TLG. (No evidence, just my humble opinion.) When you get the first four
or the second four Throwbots, you will get all the 2 & 3 point disks for those
corresponding four bots. There's no randomness in the placement of those disks.

LEGO allegedly sells disk packs which have the randomly placed higher-point
disks, but I've never seen them in stores. I've even looked into the LEGO
catalogs that stores order from, and they're not listed. I do believe it's
possible to mail-order the disk packs. I know some people are getting them.

Thomas Foote