 Technic / 1642
1641  |  1643
Subject:
Stupid Throwbots question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:04:16 GMT

Forgive me if this isn't the right group to ask this question in...there
doesn't seem to be a dedicated Throwbots group on Lugnet.

I just finally completed my collection of first-year Throwbots, with the
hopes of being able to make the giant combined models. And I discovered,
to my chagrin, that the manuals do not, separately or combined, contain
all the instructions necessary to make the combined models. In each set
of four bots, all four have the same partial instructions.

So are there available complete instructions for the combined bots? Or
are we expected to just figure it out from the pictures? (Which wouldn't
be unduly difficult, but is more work than I care to put into it.)

On an only slightly related note, I wonder why TLG put "Discs are
randomly placed into Throwbots sets" on the disc posters, when it's
obvious that they are not. My set of eight first-year Throwbots,
purchased at different stores over a period of about a year, just
happens to have garnered me a perfect set of the two topmost discs on
the posters for each bot. And each set contained in it the topmost disc
for that bot. Hardly likely if its truly random. Which also begs the
question, where does one get the other discs? (Not that I actually want
to collect discs; I have no use for them. I'm just curious.)

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@iwaynet.net