 Technic / 164
  Broken 8448 Shocks

(...) Many people have mentioned broken air dampened shocks on the 8448. Is it just some of us? Or will it be most of us in time? I have heard that LEGO will replace the parts. Give them a call. Last night I also discovered both my air dampened (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken 8448 Shocks

One if mine broke. I called Lego and they happily replaced it, free shipping. I was surprised that the rep knew exactly what I was talking about--she went ahead and sent me two new ones, instead of just the one that broke. I realize now that it is a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken 8448 Shocks

Forgot to say, the ones she sent me look exactly like the old ones. (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken 8448 Shocks

(...) What is the phone number (I'm in the US) to call? I am surprised that Lego doesn't seem to have a customer support e-mail address, and I can't even find an appropriate phone number. I found the damper parts broken on my Supercar just recently, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken 8448 Shocks

(...) I did this a few weeks ago myself. Just call Lego Shop @ Home and they will transfer you over to customer service and they will send you the replacement shocks for free. The number for Shop@Home is 1-800-835-4386. Keith Blumenthal (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken 8448 Shocks

(...) The phone number for NA Consumer Affairs is always printed in the catalogs they include in sets. On the inside of the front cover. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Broken 8448 Shocks

(...) does the 8448 have the same ones as the 8445 does or were you referring to the even newer 8458? josh (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)