 Technic / 16266
16265  |  16267
Subject:
The Beetle and the Lion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:07:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’ve built two more armored vehicles, the Beetle armored recovery vehicle and
the Lion self-propelled artillery gun:

The CBU Beetle is an Armored Combat Engineer Vehicle. It is used to repair
damaged armored vehicles in the field or, if need by, tow them to safety.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2253244061/in/set-72157603878372534/

The Beetle is equipped with a motorized towhook, a functioning crane, a
bulldozer blade that can be raised and lowered, and lots of spare parts. It can
be modified for mine-clearing, with a six toothed mine plough.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2254042166/in/set-72157603878372534/

The Beetle is built on a similar chassis to that of the Armadillo bridge
launcher and carries a crew of two. Limited defense is provided by a remote
controlled heavy machine gun on either side.

Full gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/sets/72157603878372534/

The Lion is a self-propelled artillery piece. It has a secondary, but adequate
direct fire anti-tank capability, but is mainly designed to fire a barrage of
indirect fire at enemy forces from afar. It carries a crew of four and is based
on an improved Jaguar MBT chassis.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2275171011/in/set-72157603935697068/

It features a functioning ammunition locker in the rear of the turret – which
can take two different kind of ammunition, either of which is available for use
at any time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/2275966926/in/set-72157603935697068/

Full gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78224984@N00/sets/72157603935697068/