 Technic / 16103 (-5)
  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

Hi Fernando, thanks for the update - I'm afraid I am somewhere between feelings on these new sets. For one, I agree with all who think that replacing real pneumatics with anything lookalike is not exactly the way to go. I shall be curious about the (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) I'd pretty much agree with that appraisal, it looks like the Telehandler doesn't even self level, which is the whole point. Unless the liner actuators have metal bearings their gonna stink. My pessimistic side says this is just another money (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

Yes, I would prefer real pneumatic cylinders too! And longer like these. It seems a way to enable "easy" motorization of these elements, instead of developing a new PF pneumatic valve electrically controlled. Perhaps also a cheaper approach... I (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) However now that I have seen them I am quite dissapointed and I can't see me buying any of them. It is very good to see them investing in new part designs but this is such a cop out. If they had longer pneumatics (powered by air) then that (...) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008. Box images leaked!

(...) See my PREVIEW analysis at (URL) (Conchas) (URL) (17 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact