 Technic / 15691
    Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track —Chris Phillips
   I have designed a minifig-scale roller coaster that can run on standard monorail track. Each car can carry up to four minifigs around a loop, and the cars can run independently or linked in pairs. (I haven't tried longer trains yet...) (URL) There (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

        Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track —Jason J Railton
   (...) It's a neat design, and I like the idea of using monorail track to do smooth loops. 4ft is a hell of a lift to make out of LEGO though! I'd be happy with something smaller, even if it meant going without the loop. Have you thought of fitting (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track —Chris Phillips
   (...) Thanks! I actually got the idea when I displayed a not-yet-working prototype coaster on the NELUG train layout last weekend. We posed the "broken" coaster in our amusement park with a working monorail (Airport Shuttle) running through the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track —Jason J Railton
   (...) It was designed to be modular - each section is 16x16, and drops either 2 bricks (straight) or 4 bricks (corner). I carried it all in flight luggage, each part wrapped in tight cling-film (plastic food wrap) and I'm amazed the curves held (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Roller Coaster runs on Monorail Track —Chris Phillips
   (...) Samsonite! (...) Speed is your friend, and friction is your enemy. If the cars are tipping in the corners, you could try using thin Technic tubing (the stuff that can clip into a minifig hand) to build guard rails. I also use that stuff very (...) (17 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)