 Technic / 15537 (-5)
  Re: Mindstorms question

(...) Come to think of it; if the difference in torque triggers a switch, that switch might as well trigger the off switch to the blade motor. The whole thing could be done 100% mechanically without the Mindstorms kit. Bummer. Oh well; that kit will (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorms question

(...) Thanks for the reply. If everything you say is true, I might use multiple white clutch gears on one axle, gear them to a differential and use the difference in torque to trigger a lever- which can activate the touch sensor. It sounds better to (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Request: 1/19 scale tank/heavy machinery for PDX

Hi I've usually a lurker on lugnet, but as Brickfest PDX nears I figure its time to speak up. I'm hoping to bring a 14-wide model semi with lowboy in the Model Team style to this brickfest. I've been building it for almost a year, and should have it (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

(...) camera angle and lots of action! I liked it! (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unit LNE of the dinochrome brigade (Was: Rock Crawling)

The second set of arms on Mike's robot gives it better mobility. They make its overall tread length much longer, so it can treat stairs like a ramp instead of, well, stairs, and that makes it faster at climbing them. The arms also let it raise the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact