 Technic / 15535
Request: 1/19 scale tank/heavy machinery for PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 02:44:49 GMT

Hi

I've usually a lurker on lugnet, but as Brickfest PDX nears I figure its time to
speak up.  I'm hoping to bring a 14-wide model semi with lowboy in the  Model
Team style to this brickfest.  I've been building it for almost a year, and
should have it done in time!  Whys it taking so long?  Its packed with features
- 2 speed drive, steering, LEDs, pneumatics, all in a small 1/19 cab-over-engine
Freightliner Argosy.  With it will be a hydraulic (actually Pneumatic)
detachable neck lowboy.

Frankly, it needs something to haul.  Although I could throw something together
or stack up some tires and call it good, something fancy would be a lot more
fun.  I don't have time or $$ to build it myself, so I'm asking here!  The more
SNOT and motors the better!  It could be anything, from a tank to a log skidder!
Some inspiration could be had here: <http://www.vannattabros.com/>
Not all of the equipment there would be applicable, but its still a, uh,
<http://www.vannattabros.com/2006add/tee2.jpg fun read>.

Also, one advantage is that the lowboy itself is not set in stone (er, Lego)
yet.  If you need four axles or an extra 2 studs width, I can accommodate it.

Still not convinced?  Look at these links:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pehrlich/Argosy2005/dsc00604.jpg another
image from vannattabros.com>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=185057 My truck's gallery>
<http://projectargosy.blogspot.com/ Construction blog>