 Technic / 1533
Re: Power Puller 8457 & Silver Champion 8458
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 09:59:35 GMT

Gus K wrote:
[snip]
The Silver Champion 8458 is due out in Sept. and will be $179

So I asked the lady on the phone if she knew why the Silver Champion would
cost so much and of course she didn't know, but I am thinking that the silver
plates that make up the body just may be metal. (...)
[snip]

I feel confident that the silver body panels will be plastic. With the
silver hubs of the resent Technic line being plastic, this seems most
reasonable.

As for the price, I compare it to the Super Street Sensation / Super Car
Mk II 8448. The Silver Champion 8458 looks to me to be larger than the
8448, at least in length, and could surpass the 8448's 1408 piece count.
Another factor is the design. With all that silver it is simply cool
looking and will be a "must have" for any serious Technic fan.

Does this warrant a MSRP of $50 over the 8448? It does if people will
pay it. I know I will. When The Silver Champion is released, I don't
suspect it will gather dust on the store shelves.