 Technic / 1532
Re: Power Puller 8457 & Silver Champion 8458
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 09:03:44 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gus Koffler writes:
After reading snippits about these two sets all over the newsgroups, I decided
that I would call lego myself and get the straight dope.  This is what I found
out:

The Power Puller 8457 is due out in Aug. and will go for $109

The Silver Champion 8458 is due out in Sept. and will be $179

So I asked the lady on the phone if she knew why the Silver Champion would
cost so much and of course she didn't know, but I am thinking that the silver
plates that make up the body just may be metal.  Perhaps I don't know what I
am talking about, but I think lego has had a few metal parts before.  If these
peices were in fact metal, it would explain the high cost due to the exacting
standards that all legos are subject to, and of course, the material cost of
metal compared to ABS plastic.

I don't think so. The plates are like the wheels from 8448. Silver-coloured-
PLASTIC. The large scale of the model (or is it the small scale-number..??) is
the reason for the high price.

Eelco Kooiker
http://www.kooiker.demon.nl/eelco/