 Technic / 15315
Re: Can Dacta 9751 be used with WindowsXP or Windows 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:27:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gyl Midroni wrote:
These are reasonably easy to find on eBay in the past year
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lego-Dacta-Serial-Interface-Controller-Panel-Console_W0QQitemZ270010704216QQihZ017QQcategoryZ1186QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now I even seen the software and cables
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270010704041

I am keen to try to get my PC to control 8 different power sources at the same
time, but I have never been able to find proof that I can use from modern era
Windows software.

Yes, you most certainly can on Win XP (don't know about Win 2000).

But you will need to use it with ROBOLAB 2.5 or later. The control Lab software
will not run on Win XP.

You may also need a USB to serial cable if your PC lacks a serial port.

CSSoh