 Technic / 14887
Re: What the? Hydraulics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Kevin Clague-

How can a lego pneumatic do hydraulic work? If I'm not much mistaken, hydraulics
and pneumatics use two diferent sources of power.

Hydraulics and pneumatics are similar.

Pneumatics uses air, which is a gas and can be compressed.  Air pressure
difference is what makes pneumatics work.

Hydraulics uses fluids which compresses a little, but not much compared to
gasses.

Both use pistons/rams hoses, and valves.

Hydraulics are typically stronger.

Kevin