 Technic / 14816
Re: Liebherr LR-1750 Completion Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Alvin Brant wrote:
Good Afternoon.

I have finally gotten around to posting the completion photos of my Liebherr
LR-1750 (fomrer LR-1600).  The photos show the crane set up with the heavy main
boom, the superlift with counterweight tray, and a luffing jib.  The overall
height of this crane shown is only 14', but it proved to be more than stable
enough to add more boom.  Even with a 15 mph wind blowing, the crane was hardly
rocking at all.  I plan to make some more boom, or even steal some of the boom
from my LR-11200 to try to test the maximum height that I can get out of this
model.  The pictures are at the following link:

That's great crane Alvin, and looks even better with the jib. Well done!

30 lbs!  I did not realize it took that much weight to balance the boom, but I
guess that makes sense.  40 hrs is not much time at all for a design that big.
Is it possible to build a crane that tall without grounded support in the rear?
I mean is it possible to build one like that that is free-standing?

Dunno about Alvins, but my CC-2800 only needs the extra ballast while raising
the boom. Once it's up, the extra ballast can be disconnected, and just rely on
the counterweight attached to the superstructure. Of course I have to be careful
not to lower the boom too far without the extra ballast.

ROSCO