 Technic / 14780
14779  |  14781
Subject:
Dump Truck (old)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:55:24 GMT

This is not new, but I have never made a folder exclusively for the dump truck I
began designing in December of 2001.  It is 4-wheel drive, steers from the cab,
has a V-8 engine and very old tyco pieces which I used to put the old-style
pneumatic pistons back to back securely. Using these pieces allowed a solid
design that took up very little space under the bed.

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=151259

The bed swings back instead of straight up.  This allows it to dump easily, but
any type of trailer hitch I might want to add would need to disconnect when it
is dumping.

The mudflaps are made from an old black notebook I cut up.  The skulls and
crossbones were drawn in AutoCAD, printed out on address label stickers and cut
out.

In the rural areas of the USA there are old trucks just like this one that use
chains to hold the rear door shut.  However, this is not modeled off of any
particular model.  It utilizes the old style and new style of Technic building.

I recently made an effort to improve its appearance because it used to be very
ugly.

Nathan