 Technic / 14757
    Re: Gray code vs. Binary —Mark Bellis
   (...) Hi Kev, I think the cheapest way to do 3 or 4-bit binary with pneumatics would be to use gray code and convert it. Gray code always changes the least significant bit possible in order to achieve a change to a new state, so there will always be (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gray code vs. Binary —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Hi Mark, You are right. I've had the wrong term in my head all this time. Gray code is not what I was thinking about I guess...... I'll have to go study Gray code better, and then study your descriptions. Man I wish you had a scanner and could (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gray code vs. Binary —Mark Bellis
   (...) Haha! I've found a better way to do it, and a better drawing :-) Take my Pick and Place robot circuit: (URL) out the Elbow pistons and switch and connect the Elbow piston inputs to the Wrist piston instead (effectively draw the horozontal (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)