 Technic / 14755
    Gray code vs. Binary —Kevin L. Clague
   To all those pneumatic gurus..... The classic pneumatic timing circuit made with one switch per piston changes state following gray code (i.e. only one piston changes at a time). This means that a two piston timer goes through these states: (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gray code vs. Binary —Mark Bellis
   (...) Hi Kev, I think the cheapest way to do 3 or 4-bit binary with pneumatics would be to use gray code and convert it. Gray code always changes the least significant bit possible in order to achieve a change to a new state, so there will always be (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gray code vs. Binary —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Hi Mark, You are right. I've had the wrong term in my head all this time. Gray code is not what I was thinking about I guess...... I'll have to go study Gray code better, and then study your descriptions. Man I wish you had a scanner and could (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Gray code vs. Binary —Mark Bellis
   (...) Haha! I've found a better way to do it, and a better drawing :-) Take my Pick and Place robot circuit: (URL) out the Elbow pistons and switch and connect the Elbow piston inputs to the Wrist piston instead (effectively draw the horozontal (...) (19 years ago, 20-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)