 Technic / 14720
14719  |  14721
Subject:
Schematic for inchworm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:48:15 GMT

Hi,
  I've gotten into drawing schmeatics lately.  I just finished a hairy one for a
hexapod with three leg grouls (hex464).  I decided to try something simpler so I
drew up a schematic for my inchworm.  I know Bob Kojima wanted to see this a few
years ago.  Better late than never Bob?

  http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/inchworm2/schematic.jpg

  The square boxes on the left with letters in the represent pistons controlling
the switches on their right.

  Piston A is the back of the caterpillar.  Bottom ports on switches with P
above them are source pressure from pumps.  Ports that are unused (or have X)
need to be plugged with short hose and bar light sabre (or other minifig
paraphanelia).  The spot marked with X in the pistons means the expand port (at
the base) of the piston.  The spots marked with C in the pistons are the
contract ports on the pistons.

  The lines going from switches to pistons and switches to switches represent
hoses.  The arrows have no real meaning, but they do show which way pressure
from the pump(s) push the air.

  If you have any questions, please ask.

Kev