 Technic / 14677
Re: Liebherr LR-1750
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:51:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima wrote:
At 03:10 PM 10/1/2005, you wrote:
Well, I finally got around to posting some pictures of the early stages of my
latest creation.  It is a model of a Liebherr LR-1750 crawler crane to go
along
with my LR-11200.  The pictures are still being "moderated" but here is the
link;

WOW!!!!  your cranes are always amazing.  i can't wait for more detailed
pictures and the weight test.  most impressive!  you must have a large
inventory of parts to keep two huge cranes like that together.

bob

Bob Kojima

Fial Incorporated
Telecom Monitoring Solutions
4343 SW Corbett Ave
Portland, OR  97239
503.227.7083
http://www.fial.com

Bob,

Thanks for the compliments. As far as my collection of Technic parts goes, I do
have a rather large quantity on hand.  I actually have two other cranes that are
still assembled along with the two visible in the pictures.  One is a smaller
model of a Manitowoc 888, which I keep on my desk at work:

And the other is a model of a Manitowoc 18000, that is in the den with the other
two Liebherr models.

If you look at the upper left hand side of this picture, you can see part of the
boom of that one:

The den is quite cluttered with my creations, but it doesn't really bother me,
so I am fine with that.

Thanks again for the compliments, and I will post the pictures of the model
outside fully rigged once I get a chance to get it all together, and the weather
cooperates.  I am planning on taking the LR 11200 outside at the same time as
the LR 1750, and see how much I can lift with the tandem setup.  That should be
interesting.

Alvin.