 Technic / 14616
14615  |  14617
Subject:
The Better Tosser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:10:34 GMT

For my next GBC Module (Find out more about the GBC at www.teamhassenplug.org) I
have been wotking on a ball tosser. I have come up with a design that shoots
into a Hailfire Droid wheel 'funnel' put five feet away. (pics coming soon) I am
wondering if anyone can top that. This isn't really a competition, but I guess
as long as your design is top, you get the title of "Creator of farthest
ball-tosser module". There is no finish by date, as this will (hopefully) be
ongoing. In order to qualify, shooters need to follow the GBC standard:
    Each module should have an "in" basket, and will move balls to the next
module's "in" basket, which must be directly in line.
    The IN basket should be 10 studs by 10 studs (outside dimension) with an 8x8
opening, and should be 10 bricks (beams) tall.
    The In basket should be located on the left side of the module, and output
should go to the right.
    There are no size limits, beyond those listed
    Each module should be able to accept balls at an average rate of 1 ball per
second.  Balls can be passed continueously, or in a batch.  A batch should not
exceed 30 balls.
To find more exact regulations, go to www.teamhassenplug.org

Basically, the components needed are;
    The inbox/shooter
    A catcher (up to the size of a hailfire droid wheel)
    A way to get balls from the catcher to the next inbox.

I have only posted this to see what would happen, so have fun and don't let
Steve Hassenplug win!

-Kevin McClure