 Technic / 14322
Re: What should you do with a stuck motor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:22:04 GMT

Hello Jordan,

In lugnet.technic, Jordan Bradford wrote:
Last night I had a new-style 9V motor attached directly to a 40-tooth gear
that was turning an 8-tooth gear. There was a fair amount of torque involved,
and my motor stalled after a while. Now the thing won't turn unless I really
force it. What should I do? Should I call LEGO and have them send me a new
one? Should I take it apart and try to fix it?
As Joäo said, opening 43362 is a nightmare (for more details, see
http://philohome.com/motors/motor.htm), and LEGO service is for sure the best
way to go.

What happened to it, anyway?

I don't think that your motor could electrically burnt. But I have seen 43362
motors with broken internal gears.

Philo