 Technic / 14097
14096  |  14098
Subject:
Demag AC 650... er 1600 at my house!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:09:35 GMT

I saw a Demag AC 1600 being disassembled right by where I live! It truly is
something, as I have already taken roughly 20 pics, and still haven't got the
complete crane! In fact, this may be a future project of mine, if and when I get
the pieces for my Demag AC 500.

One thing I noticed about the AC 1600 that I could use in my crane is:

The beam attached to the crane operator's cab is swung out via a hydraulic ram

Just out of curiosity, do any of you crane builders know how the beam attached
to the crane operator's cab is swung out on a Demag AC 500? Is it gear driven?
Thanks a bunch!