 Technic / 13972
Re: Large Technic Tracks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:07:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Joseph Greene wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Andrew G. Meyer wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:
They look like the tracks off of a Tonka toy bulldozer.

OK, but the same tracks are on the MOC "New Excavator." They certainly do look
like Lego parts.

Andrew Meyer
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x428
It appears they came in the Cyber Master set:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/8483-1>
Along with a really spiffy Frame
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32090

And the Bricklink part numbers all match (even the x428)

Those tracks from peeron.com appear to be totally different tracks than are on
the new excavator (was anyone wanting those same tracks?).  The ones on my new
excavator are from an RC set, and the ones on my bulldozer are from a $12 tonka
bulldozer.  Tonka makes toys that are durable enough to be used in dirt and last
for years.  I suggest you look into buying from them, unless the shipping will
be a problem. By the way, the Tonka tracks on my dozer are 4 studs wide. If
anyone reading this is a purest- forget everything I said.

Nathan