 Technic / 13903
Re: Assistance/Ideas please. Scorpion infrastructure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Joseph Greene wrote:
I am looking for suggestions. I have been working long and hard on my Pneumatic
Scorpion.  The legs are solid (I think)  The tail- I need more parts to finish.
I have to come up with another 30 or so pneumatic switches.. these are all easy
enough, BUT, I cannot seem to devise a pleasing and stable body in the
dimensions I need.. We're talking 35-45 Studs Wide, and ~90 Studs long. I am
smashing my head on a brick wall here to devise a stable frame which doesn't end
up weighing a ton. I can narrow it to around 20 studs if need be, but the 90 is
pretty near minimum to support the legs with their arcs of travel and the tail -
7 Segments including stinger. This necessitates a very strudy frame...
Any ideas?

BTW, How's SCCLagorpion coming along?

I've been focusing on the long neglected LPub and LSynth.  So SSClagorpion is
not too far along.

Sincerely,
Joe Greene

Kevin