 Technic / 13896
13895  |  13897
Subject:
Assistance/Ideas please. Scorpion infrastructure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:56:03 GMT

I am looking for suggestions. I have been working long and hard on my Pneumatic
Scorpion.  The legs are solid (I think)  The tail- I need more parts to finish.
I have to come up with another 30 or so pneumatic switches.. these are all easy
enough, BUT, I cannot seem to devise a pleasing and stable body in the
dimensions I need.. We're talking 35-45 Studs Wide, and ~90 Studs long. I am
smashing my head on a brick wall here to devise a stable frame which doesn't end
up weighing a ton. I can narrow it to around 20 studs if need be, but the 90 is
pretty near minimum to support the legs with their arcs of travel and the tail -
7 Segments including stinger. This necessitates a very strudy frame...
Any ideas?

BTW, How's SCCLagorpion coming along?

Sincerely,
Joe Greene