 Technic / 139
  1998 Suspension - Fredrik?

I guess Fredrik is the guy for this question... I was reading back posts to this group (I'm now subscribed) and read a reference to 1998 steering gear. what is the main difference between this and the standard rack on plate gear in Technic sets/ (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1998 Suspension - Fredrik?

(...) :-) (...) The difference isn't in the rack on plate and gear, but in the steering suspension. (Well, the rack seems to have changed as well, but that difference isn't so large.) While pre 1998 steering typically consisted of one grey 3x1 (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: 1998 Suspension - Fredrik?

(...) Ahhh. We don't even have that GoKart kit here in Canada (at least I haven't) seen it yet... So if you mount the 3x1 cross block on the arm to, say, a beam that moves up and down, you can get suspension fairly easily, right? I'll need to get (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1998 Suspension - Fredrik?

(...) Yes, that is possible. I first saw this idea in a car that Ben Williamson made at: (URL) I tried out the same idea in two chassises at: (2 URLs) suspension made this way is a bit flimsy, but still quite adequate for a medium sized car. Fredrik (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)