 Technic / 13622 (-5)
  Modifying set 5600 (RC Racer)

I just picked up a used set 5600 (Radio Control Racer), thinking that I would take the wheels off, put a gearbox in to gear it down, and add some treads or fat tires, making a more tank-like vehicle my young son would be able to control. Sadly, I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC 8436: Cranetruck

(...) That is really, really good - it has the essence/spirit of the real thing. It makes me want to break open the 8436 I have and build your model. Jennifer (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Using Jennifer Clark's idea

Thanks for the namecheck Nathan, I'm looking forward to seeing this model when you have completed it. I got the idea for the concentric drive in the small excavator from Issac Merkle, who had used a differential for this on a robot arm. TJ then (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

  MOC 8436: Cranetruck

Being inspired by the 4100 cranetruck, I decided to build another one a bit more challenging. So I transformed the 8436 truck into another cranetruck: (URL) It has many functions like pneumatic boom and stands, rotating cabin and ofcourse steering. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Pneumatic switching circuits

<SNIP> (...) OOPS.. I changed diagramming method to a physical ascii art diagram without clarifying it.. Below is 2 switches actuated by a slider which pushes first one switch handle (left switch) from far left to far right then when pushed past the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact