 Technic / 13383
  What makes Technic Technic?

Numerous sets, especially Star Wars, contain Technic parts without being labeled Technic. Could someone kindly explain what makes a Technic set Technic? For example, the 8008 Star Wars Stormtrooper is labeled Technic, while the 8012 Super Battle (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What makes Technic Technic?

(...) There are two factors at work here... Sets up to 2001, used the Technic moniker more liberally than after 2001. The moniker was 'retired' for the most part (with a few high end exceptions). Had it not been for this change in labeling, 8012 (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What makes Technic Technic?

(...) What makes a set a 'Technic' set? We had some discussion about that a while ago in relation to the 'Bionicle' line and whether it should be part of the 'Technic' line or not. For my opinion in the matter see: (2 URLs) (and also (URL) :-) - (...) (20 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)