 Technic / 13341
    Dismantling old style pneumatic cylinders? —Chris Pritchard
   I just got a 8851 excavator, and Would like to get inside the cylinders to lube 'em up. Has anyone successfully dismantled a old style cyilender, or am I just dreaming? Chris (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Dismantling old style pneumatic cylinders? —Tobbe Arnesson
   (...) Work 'em a few cycles and see if that helps. Otherwise it might be the rubber seals that are stiffening from age. Sucking some sort of lubrication into the piston is quite feasable. Also to lube the shaft. Opening them w/o destruction is not (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)