 Technic / 13222
  Pneumatic cylinder rust.

Is there a way to preserve lego pneumatic piston rods? I have 30 pistons and many of the rods have gone from silver to dark gray. Is there a special oil or grease that would remedy this? I know it would probably take 15 or 20 years for them to rust, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic cylinder rust.

(...) I found Autosol metal polish paste, when buffed on, make them quite shiny. (I have not tried this on lego pneumatics yet, But doubt there will be a probelm) I claims to prevent rust and tarnish, and all the items I polished have not corroded (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)